Smartcat is the operating system for the global translation industry. Our team believes that the world becomes ever-more connected and interdependent. The borders that prevent people from trading, working together, and exchanging knowledge and innovations erode over time. That is the future we want to live in. Our mission is to speed up the pace at which that happens, building the best platform for Connected Translation. We don’t believe automation will render language professionals obsolete. Instead, we place powerful software into the hands of the millions of people working to globalize their own industries, plug them into our global supply network, and enable continuous delivery of multilingual content. With tens of thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of freelancers translating together on Smartcat, we are well on our way.
Leverage Smartcat proven leadership to unlock full market potential in Russia and CIS and grow the revenue by 100% YoY in 2021 and 2022.
1. Ownership of territory objectives which include: number of new customers, total expansion, total revenue, lead generation, customer satisfaction ratings, and NPS. The target is to achieve 2x YoY revenue growth in 2021.
2. Develop the region by (a) growing the number of strategic end user customers (b) expanding revenue within current customer base (c) creating regionalized lead generation strategies to fuel product led growth.
3. Build and coach a highly motivated and capable team of demand generation, sales and customer success managers.
4. Align and maximize the value of your team collaborating with product, marketing, support and finance teams.
1. Proven successful track record of territory revenue growth and customer retention with B2B SaaS company.
2. Experience in effectively managing high performing sales, customer success and demand generation teams towards monthly targets.
3. Experience in managing customers or users of a free product and overseeing transition to paid subscription. Ability to properly allocate team member resources to support customer success and revenue objectives.
4. Created successful regional lead generation campaigns while collaborating with centralized marketing teams.
5. Ability to be hands on in securing and expanding top priority accounts.
6. Growth mindset.
7. Aggressive drive for growth and high tolerance for uncertainty.
8. Must understand the Smartcat product vision. We are building a market network for the global translation industry. To learn more about the market network concept, read this article.
9. Integrity, full commitment and strong sense of ownership.
10. Excellent communication skills and fluent English both written and spoken to interact with colleagues, customers, and partners.
11. Data-driven approach to business and the process. Readiness to measure success based on numbers.
12. Readiness to work in a highly intense startup environment, requiring extreme focus, a sense of urgency, and persistence to break through.
13. Openness to feedback and alternative opinions and ideas.
The ongoing rise of the content economy is causing a massive shift in the language industry. All today’s megatrends — big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning — are converging in it at lightning speed. Smartcat’s disruptive business model taps into this $50b industry with a market network where buyers and suppliers connect, collaborate, and leverage our free-to-use workflow SaaS. The next decade will be the era of market networks and reinventing the $10 trillion service economy, and we’re pioneering this global transformation in all things language-related.
You will enjoy building with us. You will drive changes in how an old-fashioned global language industry operates while improving how hundreds of thousands of people work, and millions of people exchange knowledge and ideas in the world.
While the language industry is big and fragmented enough to keep us busy building a billion-dollar company in the next few years, we are already seeing how the network naturally expands to adjacent language and content-related verticals, expanding our TAM and making our journey even more exciting.
We are a global team of 100+ enthusiastic people, with hubs in Boston, Amsterdam, Limassol, Moscow, and Hong Kong — and our users and partners are scattered all around the globe. We’re eager to succeed and transform the world of language services for the better. We grow aggressively while preserving our culture of empathy. As diverse as we are, we love working and having fun together, and we’re sure you’ll love working with us too.
Smartcat is backed by Matrix Partners, FJ Labs, and other top VC firms focusing on SaaS and marketplace startups (you might recognize names like HubSpot, Zendesk, Uber, Stripe, RigUp and Quora in their portfolios). This helps us innovate at a fast pace and learn from top professionals in other industries.
We are looking for someone who will become a part of the executive team and play a critical role in the most exciting part of our journey from a post-Series B startup to a company exceeding $1b in GMV. Our journey isn’t for the faint of heart. You need to be an extremely fast learner to bring value to our users and the industry as a whole. You need to see the big picture and execute strategies that significantly increase shareholder value over time. We need a sharp mind who can stay two steps ahead on the road with us. We’ve got lots of success to share if you’re ready for it.