Smartcat is the operating system for the global translation industry. Our team believes that the world becomes ever-more connected and interdependent. The borders that prevent people from trading, working together, and exchanging knowledge and innovations erode over time. That is the future we want to live in. Our mission is to speed up the pace at which that happens, building the best platform for Connected Translation. We don’t believe automation will render language professionals obsolete. Instead, we place powerful software into the hands of the millions of people working to globalize their own industries, plug them into our global supply network, and enable continuous delivery of multilingual content. With tens of thousands of customers and hundreds of thousands of freelancers translating together on Smartcat, we are well on our way.
The mission of the HR Generalist is to effectively attract and develop human resources by constructing and implementing practices that contribute to the alignment of corporate and employee goals. We are looking for a conceptual thinker with outstanding organizational, communication skills, the ability to track employees’ high and low points, and live to make people in the company happier. To ensure company success, the HR Generalist should have strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, onboarding, and training.
1) Create a strategy and lead the process of recruitment and hiring. Elaborate hiring needs and A-player profiles in close contact with functional leaders. Manage agencies and outsourced recruiters if needed to achieve our hiring goals. Prepare and own the HR budget.
2) Labour market monitoring and reporting about the current level of compensation and benefits in the company comparing to the levels and qualities in other IT companies.
3) Create and maintain company processes and policies (e.g. org-chart, labor agreements, job descriptions, job offers, etc.).
4) Development and processing of the company’s non-financial benefits such as medical insurance, training, and refresher courses.
5) Improve internal communications involving employees in business matters and non-business relations, building a friendly and positive team. Organizing team-buildings and in-house events.
6) Onboard employees. Create and supervise the onboarding process, ensure newcomers start to deliver value fast, and be well informed about all needed details of their job and operating in the company. Make our culture of A-players clear to newcomers and spread the culture through your own example.
7) Ensure that all employees are appropriately motivated and trained. Monitor the task-relevance maturity of staff from different departments and build processes of providing constructive feedback to improve their performance.
8) Create career development plans for employees, learning opportunities, and programs.
5+ years of experience in leading HR roles in IT companies
Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training
Exceptional communication skills to interact with colleagues and partners
Fluent Russian & English, both written and spoken
Readiness to work in a highly intense startup environment requiring extreme focus, a sense of urgency, and persistence to breakthrough
Experience working with remote teams across time zones
If you are the one we’re looking for, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone who might be interested? Please share.